Friday, March 20, 2009

Overtaken

In a few days, my wife, Julie and I are coming up on our 22nd wedding anniversary. I know we don’t look that old. I think it’s because we got married when I was nine and she was seven. That puts me at 31 and Julie at 29. A number she will remain at indefinitely.

Joking aside, I planned ahead of time to take Julie away for a few days to a hotel on the beach. Call it an early anniversary surprise. Got an pretty nice room reserved and off we go. We arrived, checked in, and then pulled the car around to the underneath parking garage. As I’m unloading the luggage, out comes one of the hotel manager/supervisors briskly walking toward us while calling out our name from about a half of a football field away.

For no apparent reason, this lady holds out her arm with a new room entry card in hand and passes it to Julie saying that they are moving us up to the top floor Penthouse Suite. What?!? Really?!?

With no explanation and no additional cost, neither Julie nor I took the time to find out if this was God’s will. We gladly accepted and took the elevator up to the top floor, opened the door to our huge penthouse suite that was overlooking the ocean, kissed and just gave God thanks. A $499 room for less than $100 a night. What a cool anniversary gift from the Lord.

I cannot help but think of that passage of scripture found in Deuteronomy chapter 28 that says, “God’s blessing will overtake his people” if his people would follow Him closely. When that supervisor came almost running toward us with the news of the “upgrade,” Julie and I knew that God’s blessings had literally “overtaken us.” I can’t wait to experience His next surprise. Go God!

www.realitychurch.com

No comments: