Monday, March 23, 2009

Falling Asleep in the Wrong Places

I just got up... it's 3:11 in the morning. Fell asleep on the most uncomfortable couch in the US of A. I don't remember what I was watching and don't know if I dreamed about anything. What I do know is that I missed out on snuggle time with my wife. Bummer. I'll make that right in a few!

As I was climbing up the stairs to get ready for bed, I started to think about how much I hate falling asleep on that couch. Then another thought struck me. I really seriously wondered how many good, normal, fun-loving people fall asleep in life on couches they just as soon wished they had never dozed-off on!?!?

What I mean is "Have you fallen asleep on the dream you had for your life? Have you fallen asleep at being the kind of husband, wife, parent, or friend you really wanted to be? Have you dozed-off at the things that matter most in life...the important things 'cause you were watching some stupid thing on TV that didn't really matter?"

Maybe it's time for you to say, "I hate falling asleep at (fill in the blank) _______." Why not redirect you decisions by doing something about what really matters before it gets too late [in life].

Right now...it's 3:29 in the morning and I'm going to do something about what I missed out on before. Time to snuggle!

www.realitychurch.com

No comments: