Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hornet Attack

No joke. I ran as fast as I could to get inside the house like a little kid running from a neighborhood bully. Today (Tuesday) was my day off and I’m outside in the back of the yard, power-washing our screened Gazebo. As I’m doing this, I realized that I’m hitting some hornet nests that are tucked away in the corners of the structure.

I should have looked first to see if there was anything hidden in these corners, but after stuff started dropping I thought I would take a look. Stink! There was way too many of them around all sides of the Gazebo for me to safely spray them away, so I took the hose inside the Gazebo and began my assault from there. Problem was, the door had about a one-inch gap the hose made where angry hornets could get in and retaliate.

As I began spraying a huge chunk of their hive came tumbling down and boy were they ticked. In a matter of a few second they were on the screen wanting a piece of me and my power-washer. Long story short, I made a mad dash out of the Gazebo, turned off the machine and the hose as fast as I could and ran to get inside the house as quickly as I could. My adrenaline was cranking.

When I got inside, I was actually shaking. But I’d rather take on the top two neighborhood bullies than mess with angry hornets.

What captures my attention most about this episode is it parallels so well with what Ephesians Chapter 6:10-17 is all about. It says we are constantly assailed and assaulted by the devil and his gang of evil spirits trying to bring ruin and destruction in our lives. What’s protecting us is the spiritual armor that God gives to us. And it’s this armor and this armor only that can’t be penetrated by Satan. When we learn how to apply God’s armor to our daily lives, we are safe from harm. In order to put on His armor, three major life applications must be practiced:

[1] Live life with integrity. [2] Practice right-living. [3] Learn to know God’s Word.

When you start messing with territory that the devil thinks is his, you can be sure that he’s coming after you; but again…he can’t win...he actually loses—as long as you’ve got the armor on that God provided.



www.realitychurch.com

No comments: