Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Four-Pack

I sat across the table at a coffee shop from a young man in his mid-twenties who asked if I had some time to meet with him; he deperately wanted to get a fresh start in life. His past had been marred by using and selling drugs, bad company, and a home-life so dysfunctional that I could only imagine what it was like.

As he talked about what God was beginning to do in him, I just listened--hoping that he was truly ready...and willing to make the right moves in the right direction. After he shared his story, I began to share with him something I knew could help him in his journey to wholeness...something we could call a "Four-Pack of Success"

I told him that this "Four-Pack" is about laying the right kind of foundation that will produce real success in all of life's ventures. That if he regularly acted on these four principles, he would basically be guaranteed true success. As we wrapped up our time together, I prayed for him and challenged him to live out the "Four-Pack" as he began a whole new life.


The "Four-Pack:"
1. Get tight with Jesus Christ
[He is the key to everything good].
2. Hang with the right kind of friends [They will define you].
3. Get your head on straight [Learn what the Bible says].
4. Find a godly mentor [He/she will help you become all that God destined you for].

Question. How are you doing with your "Four-Pack?"

www.realitychurch.com


No comments: