Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sporks

Okay, I was at KFC the other day having some lunch (I like their hot & spicy boneless wings), when I asked for a plastic fork, cause I didn’t want to get my hand full of the extra hot sauce I requested. They said, we don’t have forks anymore—we have “sporks” instead. I laughed. “Really? Okay, I’ll take one.”

Boy, what a mistake that was. The “spork” should never have been invented or patented. At least this particular make and model. What a joke! I couldn’t poke or lance anything. This piece of plastic was masquerading as a useful tool. I thought it was a total waste of perfectly good plastic.

Which leads me to a thought I just had to write about: It seems to me that too many of us are pretending to be something we’re really not. That spork was a poor imitation of the real deal. Hey, give me a spoon or a fork, but please, no more stinkin' sporks! I can’t take it anymore; and if you had the same experience I did that day trying to eat my hot and spicy boneless chicken wings, you would come to my corner in this big matter.

Nuff said. Be who you are, not some cheap recreation of another person or personality, or even what you do for God in this life. Move on. Be true to yourself. If you’re not who God made you to be and become, who will? It’s time we quit being sporks!


www.realitychurch.com

No comments: